"On World Mission Sunday, through which the eye of the heart widens to look upon the vastness of the mission, may we all see ourselves as active participants in the Church’s task of proclaiming the Gospel."
These words of our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, on the occasion of World Mission Sunday, October 24, 2010, call each of us to a be missionaries. We are to be active participants in the important task of proclaiming the gospel. A support for the work of the four Pontifical Mission Societies offers the opportunity to fulfill this baptismal responsibility.
It is only when the members of the Church grasp and appreciate who they truly are and who they are called to be that the Church realizes its graced potential in the world. If the Church is missionary by its very nature, to be a Christian is to be a missionary.
Rev. Michael Fugee, Director
- Catholic Volunteer Network 800-543-5046 http://www.catholicvolunteernetwork.org
- Claretian Volunteers and Lay Missionaries 800-328-6515 http://www.claretians.org
- Columban Fathers Lay Missionary Program 402-291-1920 http://vocation.columban.org
- Family Missions Company 337-893-6111 http://www.familymissionscompany.org
- Franciscan Mission Service 202-832-1762 http://www.franciscanmissionservice.org
- Heart's Home USA 718-522-2922 http://usa.heartshome.org/
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps 313-345-3480 http://www.jesuitvolunteers.org/
- Maryknoll 1-800-818-5276 http://www.maryknoll.com
- Society of African Missions 301-891-2037 http://www.smafathers.org
- The Vincent Pallotti Center 1-877-VOL-LINK http://www.pallotticenter.org
(a directory of 120 full-time faith based volunteer programs based in the United States