The missionary is a person who is concerned about human development and justice, who loves the poor and protects the vulnerable. But in order to be worthy of the name, the modern missionary's chief concern must be the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the advance of the Catholic faith, and the exaltation of Jesus, the only Savior of the human race.
When you support the Society for the Propagation of the Faith, the Holy Childhood Association, or the Society of Saint Peter Apostle, you are making the faith very real for the Lord's beloved poor. In turn, you are living out your baptismal call to be an evangelist.
Rev. Michael Fugee, Director
- Catholic Volunteer Network 800-543-5046 http://www.catholicvolunteernetwork.org
- Claretian Volunteers and Lay Missionaries 800-328-6515 http://www.claretians.org
- Columban Fathers Lay Missionary Program 402-291-1920 http://vocation.columban.org
- Family Missions Company 337-893-6111 http://www.familymissionscompany.org
- Franciscan Mission Service 202-832-1762 http://www.franciscanmissionservice.org
- Heart's Home USA 718-522-2922 http://usa.heartshome.org/
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps 313-345-3480 http://www.jesuitvolunteers.org/
- Maryknoll 1-800-818-5276 http://www.maryknoll.com
- Society of African Missions 301-891-2037 http://www.smafathers.org
- The Vincent Pallotti Center 1-877-VOL-LINK http://www.pallotticenter.org
(a directory of 120 full-time faith based volunteer programs based in the United States