Program/Liturgical Coordinator for Campus Ministry and Mission
Caldwell University invites applications for part-time Program/Liturgy Coordinator for Campus Ministry and Mission, beginning January 2021. Reporting to the Director of Campus Ministry the Program/Liturgy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Office of Campus Ministry and the Disciples on the Way Program. This is a grant funded position available through December 2023. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Supporting the Disciples on the Way Program funded through the Lilly Grant by recruiting and working with college student mentors, assisting in planning for the summer conference, planning prayers/music for the summer week, creating content to keep students engaged throughout the year, and more.
- Assisting to plan and attend Disciples on the Way spring training retreat.
- Managing the Kappa Gamma Pi- Honors Service Fraternity program to include; contacting the Registrar for a list of eligible students, inviting students to apply, reviewing applications, and coordinating with the national office.
- Attending and taking a leadership role in liturgical masses including Sunday evening mass on campus; coordinating student musicians and liturgical ministers for roles and duties within the masses.
- Scheduling Priests for additional Masses throughout the year.
- Assisting in the service program for incoming freshmen, FIRST Program every August
- Participating in mandatory Campus Ministry weekend retreat, taking place in the fall semester (October or November).
- Organizing National Catholic Sisters week in March to include applying for grant support, visioning, creating, and implementing programming.
- Assisting with planning and programming for the Caldwell University Day of Community Service (typically the last Friday in September).
- Scheduling, planning, and implementing one service Saturday activity per month. Including work with local non-profits to schedule service opportunities for Caldwell students, attending the service Saturdays once a month, advertising, etc.
- Assisting the Director of Campus Ministry with other aspects of programming from development through implementation and assessment (i.e., retreats, Liturgical celebrations, RCIA, service activities, overseeing work study students, etc.). Engaging specific target audiences (commuters, residents, etc.) to foster a sense of inclusivity and support student retention efforts.
- Promoting the Caldwell University Catholic Dominican mission throughout the campus in creative ways.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in ministry or a volunteer related field is required. Ideal candidate would be skilled in leading liturgical music and working with students in that capacity as well. Must be available to work Sunday nights, Wednesdays, and one Saturday per month. Other days can be flexible based on schedule. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google applications (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.) and social media skills are also required. This grant funded position becomes available January 2021. The first year of work will continue through June 30. 2021 and resume mid-August 2021. The second year will run from mid-August 2021 through June 30, 2022. The third year will run from mid-August 2022 through June 30, 2023 the grant funded program will conclude after work has been completed during mid-August 2023 to December 31, 2023.Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Work independently and be self-driven within a team structure.
- Manage competing priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to engage in one-on-one sessions; small and large group presentations, workshops, and trainings.
- Work collaboratively across all levels of the institution.
- Ability to interact and connect with high school, college students, and young adults with integrity and professionalism.
- Engage students in faith-based conversations
- Preach the Gospel with joy and enthusiasm.