Baptized Catholic Adults Seeking to Complete Christian Initiation
Adult Catholics, baptized as infants in the Roman Catholic Church who have not received the sacrament of Confirmation should participate in a period of catechesis leading to the celebration of Confirmation on a Sunday of the Easter season or on Pentecost Sunday.
They are to:
- Participate regularly in Sunday Mass.
- Receive suitable catechesis and spiritual formation during the seasons of Lent and Easter.
- Participate in the "Call to Continuing Conversion" in the Cathedral on the First Sunday of Lent.
- Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation prior to the celebration of the sacrament, preferably during Lent.
- Receive Confirmation on a Sunday of the Easter season or on Pentecost Sunday.
N.B. It may be the case that an adult Catholic baptized as an infant needs both Confirmation and Eucharist to complete Christian initiation. If this is the situation, the adult receives first communion at the Mass in which the Rite of Confirmation is celebrated.