Reception into Full Communion
Christians baptized in a non-Catholic church who wish to become members of the Roman Catholic Church should follow a process that leads to the celebration of Confirmation and Eucharist according to the norms of the "Reception of Baptized Christians into the Full Communion of the Catholic Church."
See Part II, #5 of the RCIA.
They are to:
- Receive suitable catechesis and spiritual formation.
- Participate in the "Call to Continuing Conversion" in the Cathedral on First Sunday of Lent.
- Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent prior to reception into the Full Communion.
- Be received into the Full Communion of the Catholic Church ordinarily at a Sunday Mass celebrated during the Easter Season.
- Observe the season of Easter as a time of post-baptismal catechesis (i.e. mystagogy).