To apply for an open position, please submit your resume to Christiane Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Coordinator - Pastoral Ministry with Persons with Disabilities
Provides communication outreach, administrative and organizational support for the Director Pastoral Ministry with Persons with Disabilities and coordinates specific areas noted below, in conjunction with or under the supervision of the Director. Emphasis is to increase awareness, accessibility and impact of the Office in service of its mission in the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Knowledgeable about Catholic teaching and dynamics of parish life
- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel and Access
- Proficient use of social media, or willing and able to learn
- Comfortable working with technology and willing and able to learn new areas as needed
- Organized and detail oriented
- Sensitive to and respectful of different cultures
- Excellent social skills, welcoming and compassionate attitude
- Responsive and resourceful
- Ability to adjust focus and activity based on ministry demands
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Ability to take direction, as well as work independently when needed
- Ability to relate to and work with people in a cooperative/collaborative manner
- Maintain all relevant professional standards including ethics and confidentiality
Education and/or Experience
- At least two years experience in social media and/or communications
- Personal and/or professional experience with individuals with disabilities and the families and professionals who support them
- Firm understanding of U.S. Bishops Pastoral Statement on Persons with Disabilities and its implications or willing and able to learn
- Education: minimum 2 years of college or AA degree, B. A. preferred
Associate Director - Risk Management & Insurance Services
This position works with and assists the Executive Director regarding all aspects of the risk management and insurance programs of the Archdiocese of Newark. As an assistant to the Executive Director, this person must be fully cognizant of the overall organization mission, functions and responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of insurance concepts and risk management principles and standards.
- High degree of reliability in handling confidential information.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability, problem solving skills, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of other Microsoft Suite programs a plus.
- Experience with RMIS system(s) a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree. ARM and/or other professional risk management designation highly desirable. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in insurance and risk management/claims management. Knowledge of commercial lines of insurance coverage.
To perform all types of cemetery operational, developmental and maintenance activities ordinarily done in the daily operations of a cemetery.
Experience repairing automobiles, heavy trucks and excavating equipment.
Experience operating heavy equipment, i.e., back-hoes.
Able to operate cemetery vehicles both on and off cemetery grounds.
Education and/or Experience
High School graduate preferred; several years of work experience desired.