To apply for an open position, please submit your resume to Christiane Mendoza at email@example.com
Safe Environment Assistant
Provides general office support for the Office of Child and Youth Protection, and phone and email support for the Local Safe Environment Coordinators (LSEC’s) in the parishes and schools. Does new LSEC training at the parishes / schools.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Articulate, possesses excellent communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Organized, creative, resourceful.
- Ability to interact with all level of employees.
- Knowledge of Spanish language a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of PowerPoint and Virtus database a plus.
- Minimum typing proficiency of 45 wpm.
Education and/or Experience
- A high school degree with at least three (3) years of administrative/secretarial experience acceptable.
- Ability to travel throughout Bergen, Union, Hudson and Essex counties.
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License
This position assists the Office of Development and Stewardship in coordinating fundraising events, and marketing/communications outreach as well as conducting research. Performs gift and data entry duties during peak times and other critical periods as deemed necessary.
- A polished communicator through various mediums: letters, e-mail, phone, and in-person
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Poised at all times and calm under pressure
- A self-motivated team player
- Skilled at dealing with external partners respectfully, professionally and with diplomacy and tact
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in a professional environment
- A proven track record of navigating complex protocols and managing high-level relationships
- Experience in development and fundraising
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven experience in calendar management and prioritization of tasks
- Non-profit development experience preferred
FOOD SERVICE WORKER - PART-TIME (MSGR. KELLY RESIDENCE)
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally but reasonably changed based on the working environment and departmental needs.
- General knowledge of food service and hygiene.
- Ability to use some cooking and cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of sanitary/safety issues (i.e. use of cleaning chemicals).
- Reliable and Responsible.
- Available to work extra hours if needed.
- Confidentiality a must.
Education and/or Experience
Related kitchen experience desired.
LEADERSHIP GIFT OFFICER
The Leadership Gifts Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program for the Archdiocese of Newark. He/She is responsible for the execution of a moves management program designed to increase annual, capital and deferred giving to the Archdiocese and related Catholic organizations in Northern New Jersey.
- Experience in executing and managing a variety of fundraising relationships and portfolio management.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with donors, stakeholders, and co-workers at all levels.
- Capacity to work effectively in a fast environment with evolving priorities, both as a leader/part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some night and weekend events.
- Motivated self-starter who meets deadlines and pays close attention to detail.
- Commitment and understanding to the mission of the Archdiocese of Newark and the Catholic Church.
- Driver's license and access to vehicle a must.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree required
A minimum of 3-5 years of development experience preferred