Helps to provide adequate maintenance and preventive maintenance on all Saint Francis de Sales equipment, buildings, grounds, and vehicles to ensure safety to all persons, including staff and visitors, and to extend the life and appearance of these items. The part time custodian is responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of all church property and the general security of the building while on the job.
Reports to: Pastor Classification: Non-exempt
Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of parish and school facilities. Performs a variety of facility and equipment maintenance duties. May perform various routine maintenance and repairs including routine carpentry and plumbing duties based on skill level and experience.
- Help with a variety of installation, repair and renovation to buildings including but not limited to electrical fixtures and switches, and semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair and maintenance of wooden structures and articles.
- Assists with installation, repair and renovation of some equipment including metal and wood equipment, electrical appliances, valves, gas stoves, hot water heaters, sinks, commodes, hand basins, kitchen appliances, heating and cooling systems, sewer lines, irrigation sprinklers.
- Removing of snow and ice from roadways, parking lots ramps and walkways.
- Lays pipe, digs ditches, trenches, and post holes.
- Does rough painting and rough concrete laying and patch plastering. Removes and replaces defective motors and valves.
- Moving and transporting furniture books misc. items from buildings
- Preparing books, wine and host for weekend liturgies
- Operates a variety of trucks in the performance of construction and/or maintenance work.
- Performs routine mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Maintains daily maintenance logs and work reports indicating time and materials used.
- Be responsible for all equipment, tools and other equipment.
- Assist other areas related to overall maintenance of the system when assigned.
- The above does not exhaust duties. Other duties may be requested from time to time through the immediate supervisor.
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a valid State driver’s license. Must be 21 years of age or older. Has knowledge of procedures, practices, tools, and equipment used in maintenance. Must possess ability to:
- Move, load and unload equipment and supplies weighing 35 pounds and heavier.
- Work independently without direct supervision.
- Walk long distances around campus; bend, stoop, squat and reach; climb ladders.
- Make judgement related to emergency and safety matters.
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Certificates, Clearances, Licenses
Valid Driver's License
Work will take place Monday through Friday, 29hrs/week to be arranged with the pastor.
The Parish of Christ the King in Haddonfield, NJ is seeking a full-time, energetic and enthusiastic Pastoral Associate for Youth [Grades 9 – 12], Young Adults and Young Families. The applicant must be a practicing Catholic in his/her parish, in good standing with the Catholic Church, and fully committed to the mission of living and proclaiming the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ. The applicant must be passionate about building relationships with and ministering to youth and young adults in the parish and surrounding community. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in theology or related field and/or a certificate in ministry from a Catholic Institution of higher learning. In addition, the candidate must pass a background check and attend Virtus Child and Youth Protection Training. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education.
Start Date: September 1, 2019.
For a full job description, please consult our website: ctkhaddonfield.org.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor@ctkhaddonfield.org or Christ the King Church, 200 Windsor Avenue, Haddonfield, NJ 08033.
Facilitates food service. Performs all necessary functions so meals are served in a timely manner.
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally but reasonably changed based on the working environment and departmental needs.
- Takes directions from cook.
- Serves priest residents dinner.
- Clears off dishes, washes and puts away dishes.
- Puts food away.
- Refills condiment containers.
- Sets up for meals.
- Cleans kitchen, mop floors and removes trash.
- General knowledge of food service and hygiene.
- Ability to use some cooking and cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of sanitary/safety issues (i.e. use of cleaning chemicals).
- Reliable and Responsible.
- Available to work extra hours if needed.
- Confidentiality a must.
Education and/or Experience
Related kitchen experience desired.
Good Shepherd Church Irvington, NJ is looking for a Part Time Maintenance Man to work in the Church and Rectory on weekends and eventually additional hours during the week, depending on Church activities. If interested, please call 973 375-8568 to set up an interview.