Holy Trinity Parish (Westfield, NJ)
Director of Communications (part-time approx. 20 hours)
The Communications Director will serve Holy Trinity Parish by developing, managing and delivering a comprehensive and effective communications strategy in collaboration with the Pastor, parish staff, Pastoral and Finance Councils. The Director will further Holy Trinity's mission and vision by promoting its ministries, programs and events to the parish and community at large. This will be done through the use of appropriate media platforms which include, but not limited to, print, websites, social media, digital applications, photographic and video content.
• Serve as the primary strategist and content creator of all Holy Trinity digital and print communication outlets primarily the weekly bulletin
• Update and maintain Holy Trinity Website. Work collaboratively with Pastor, staff and ministries to keep content current
• Update and educate parish leaders in communications opportunities
• Serve as the day-to-day communications contact for parish staff and ministry leaders, regularly interacting with them
• Daily posting of content to social media outlets including parish website, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, lnstagram, etc...
• Report communication progress to Pastoral Council
• Prepare and manage a communications budget
• Plan, create, and implement marketing campaigns and materials as needed to promote Holy Trinity activities as well as Archdiocesan hosted events
• Create flyers, banners, posters, etc., as needed
• Provide online opportunities for participation sign-ups, feedback, comments e-mail updates, more information, etc. (Survey Monkey, Flocknote, Constant Contact)
• Use of website to transmit additional opportunities for catechesis
• Participate in bimonthly staff meetings
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Be an active practicing Catholic with knowledge of Jesus' teachings as expressed through Catholic Tradition
• Outstanding writing ability
• Strong knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms
• Familiarity with Flocknote and Constant Contact is a plus
• Degree/experience in communications, social media management, marketing or journalism preferred
• Complete Protecting God's Children Training and Background Check as mandated by the Archdiocese of Newark
Please submit resumes to Fr. Anthony Randazzo by mail at 315 First Street, Westfield, NJ 07090, deadline of application is May 1, 2018.
Holy Trinity Parish (Westfield, NJ)
Adult Faith Formation Coordinator
The Adult Faith Formation Coordinator will be responsible for parish programs including workshops, scripture study, and invited speakers which will lead and assist the adults of Holy Trinity Parish in attaining a maturity of faith through instruction and formation in Catholic Christian teaching.
- Bachelors/Advanced Degree in Religious Education, Theology, Scripture Studies and/or certifications in these or a related field.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Catholic liturgy.
- Three years of experience in pastoral work
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining a budget
- Active Catholic in good standing, called to this ministry from a sense of vocation; ability to adhere to the Diocesan Code of Ethics, participation in Virtus program (Protecting God’s Children), and all appropriate screening
- Ability to use current social media to reach all adults in all age groups.
- Ability to use or quickly learn all office software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select and evaluate curriculum, design a formation programs and implement a schedule to provide opportunities for adult faith formation.
- Coordinate and invite speakers from various sources for events for the entire parish and to serve existing groups such as Peace and Social Justice, Seniors, etc.
- Assure the recruitment, formation, and evaluation of support personnel (volunteer) necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives of this position.
- Assure all programs are evaluated, soliciting input from staff, participants, and Pastoral Council.
- Attend parish staff meetings, parish leadership meetings and other appropriate parish/diocesan gatherings as the schedule allows. Serve as the parish representative for Adult Faith Formation at the diocesan level.
- Maintain regular office hours, oversee the department budget, organize adult formation resources, supplies, files, and meeting space.
- Prepare annual budget, monitor income and expense, maintain accurate records, purchase resources.
- Would be the staff liaison for the RCIA coordinator and team.
- Pursue professional and personal faith development, maintaining a current level of knowledge and skills and participate in professional and personal growth opportunities as approved.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by pastor.
Working Relationships and General Requirements
- The pastor will supervise this position.
- Will work with the entire staff to coordinate the calendar and use of building space when scheduling events.
- This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, with a fixed annual salary. Evening and weekend hours will be required, as related ministry activities necessitate. The minister is responsible for establishing an appropriate work schedule of office hours, activities and compensatory time off when additional hours have been worked.
- Physical requirements include light physical effort, regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, lift, and perform computer keyboarding. May need to carry/lift items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Guardian Angel Parish (Allendale, NJ)
Suburban parish of 800 families in Bergen County seeks part-time Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM) to start on or about July 1. Primary areas of responsibility are Confirmation catechesis and programs, teen youth ministry and peer ministry development.
CYM will join Pastor, Parish Catechetical Leader and Music Minister in collaborative approach to ministry. Candidate must be a practicing Catholic with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Hours will include evenings/weekends. Salary based on experience and education. By June 10, send resume, cover letter and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Therese of Lisieux Church (Cresskill, NJ)
St. Therese of Lisieux Church Cresskill, NJ is seeking a part-time parish secretary to work 25 hours per week reporting directly to the Pastor. Some of the responsibilities for this position include: general office duties like answering phones, greeting and referring visitors, distributing mail, and typing correspondence. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for: handling Mass Card requests, accurately recording and filing existing parishioner and sacramental records and coordinating funeral arrangements.
Hours M-F 9:00 AM- 2:00PM
Qualifications for this position include: a minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous secretarial experience. The ideal candidate will need to be welcoming and must have a helpful and pleasant demeanor with all callers and visitors; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proficient computer skills and able to work with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Adobe.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Saint Francis de Sales (Lodi, NJ)
Helps to provide adequate maintenance and preventive maintenance on all Saint Francis de Sales equipment, buildings, grounds, and vehicles to ensure safety to all persons, including staff and visitors, and to extend the life and appearance of these items. The part time custodian is responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of all church property and the general security of the building while on the job.
Reports to: Pastor Classification: Non-exempt
Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of parish and school facilities. Performs a variety of facility and equipment maintenance duties. May perform various routine maintenance and repairs including routine carpentry and plumbing duties based on skill level and experience.
- Help with a variety of installation, repair and renovation to buildings including but not limited to electrical fixtures and switches, and semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair and maintenance of wooden structures and articles.
- Assists with installation, repair and renovation of some equipment including metal and wood equipment, electrical appliances, valves, gas stoves, hot water heaters, sinks, commodes, hand basins, kitchen appliances, heating and cooling systems, sewer lines, irrigation sprinklers.
- Removing of snow and ice from roadways, parking lots ramps and walkways.
- Lays pipe, digs ditches, trenches, and post holes.
- Does rough painting and rough concrete laying and patch plastering. Removes and replaces defective motors and valves.
- Moving and transporting furniture books misc. items from buildings
- Preparing books, wine and host for weekend liturgies
- Operates a variety of trucks in the performance of construction and/or maintenance work.
- Performs routine mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Maintains daily maintenance logs and work reports indicating time and materials used.
- Be responsible for all equipment, tools and other equipment.
- Assist other areas related to overall maintenance of the system when assigned.
- The above does not exhaust duties. Other duties may be requested from time to time through the immediate supervisor.
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a valid State driver’s license. Must be 21 years of age or older. Has knowledge of procedures, practices, tools, and equipment used in maintenance. Must possess ability to:
- Move, load and unload equipment and supplies weighing 35 pounds and heavier.
- Work independently without direct supervision.
- Walk long distances around campus; bend, stoop, squat and reach; climb ladders.
- Make judgement related to emergency and safety matters.
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Certificates, Clearances, Licenses
Valid Driver's License
Work will take place Monday through Friday, 29hrs/week to be arranged with the pastor.
Fr. Francisco J. Rodriguez
St. Francis de Sales
125 Union Street
Lodi, NJ 07644
973-779-4330 ext. 11