Holy Trinity Parish (Westfield, NJ)
Adult Faith Formation Coordinator
The Adult Faith Formation Coordinator will be responsible for parish programs including workshops, scripture study, and invited speakers which will lead and assist the adults of Holy Trinity Parish in attaining a maturity of faith through instruction and formation in Catholic Christian teaching.
- Bachelors/Advanced Degree in Religious Education, Theology, Scripture Studies and/or certifications in these or a related field.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Catholic liturgy.
- Three years of experience in pastoral work
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining a budget
- Active Catholic in good standing, called to this ministry from a sense of vocation; ability to adhere to the Diocesan Code of Ethics, participation in Virtus program (Protecting God’s Children), and all appropriate screening
- Ability to use current social media to reach all adults in all age groups.
- Ability to use or quickly learn all office software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select and evaluate curriculum, design a formation programs and implement a schedule to provide opportunities for adult faith formation.
- Coordinate and invite speakers from various sources for events for the entire parish and to serve existing groups such as Peace and Social Justice, Seniors, etc.
- Assure the recruitment, formation, and evaluation of support personnel (volunteer) necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives of this position.
- Assure all programs are evaluated, soliciting input from staff, participants, and Pastoral Council.
- Attend parish staff meetings, parish leadership meetings and other appropriate parish/diocesan gatherings as the schedule allows. Serve as the parish representative for Adult Faith Formation at the diocesan level.
- Maintain regular office hours, oversee the department budget, organize adult formation resources, supplies, files, and meeting space.
- Prepare annual budget, monitor income and expense, maintain accurate records, purchase resources.
- Would be the staff liaison for the RCIA coordinator and team.
- Pursue professional and personal faith development, maintaining a current level of knowledge and skills and participate in professional and personal growth opportunities as approved.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by pastor.
Working Relationships and General Requirements
- The pastor will supervise this position.
- Will work with the entire staff to coordinate the calendar and use of building space when scheduling events.
- This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, with a fixed annual salary. Evening and weekend hours will be required, as related ministry activities necessitate. The minister is responsible for establishing an appropriate work schedule of office hours, activities and compensatory time off when additional hours have been worked.
- Physical requirements include light physical effort, regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, lift, and perform computer keyboarding. May need to carry/lift items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Saint Francis de Sales (Lodi, NJ)
Helps to provide adequate maintenance and preventive maintenance on all Saint Francis de Sales equipment, buildings, grounds, and vehicles to ensure safety to all persons, including staff and visitors, and to extend the life and appearance of these items. The part time custodian is responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of all church property and the general security of the building while on the job.
Reports to: Pastor Classification: Non-exempt
Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of parish and school facilities. Performs a variety of facility and equipment maintenance duties. May perform various routine maintenance and repairs including routine carpentry and plumbing duties based on skill level and experience.
- Help with a variety of installation, repair and renovation to buildings including but not limited to electrical fixtures and switches, and semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair and maintenance of wooden structures and articles.
- Assists with installation, repair and renovation of some equipment including metal and wood equipment, electrical appliances, valves, gas stoves, hot water heaters, sinks, commodes, hand basins, kitchen appliances, heating and cooling systems, sewer lines, irrigation sprinklers.
- Removing of snow and ice from roadways, parking lots ramps and walkways.
- Lays pipe, digs ditches, trenches, and post holes.
- Does rough painting and rough concrete laying and patch plastering. Removes and replaces defective motors and valves.
- Moving and transporting furniture books misc. items from buildings
- Preparing books, wine and host for weekend liturgies
- Operates a variety of trucks in the performance of construction and/or maintenance work.
- Performs routine mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Maintains daily maintenance logs and work reports indicating time and materials used.
- Be responsible for all equipment, tools and other equipment.
- Assist other areas related to overall maintenance of the system when assigned.
- The above does not exhaust duties. Other duties may be requested from time to time through the immediate supervisor.
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a valid State driver’s license. Must be 21 years of age or older. Has knowledge of procedures, practices, tools, and equipment used in maintenance. Must possess ability to:
- Move, load and unload equipment and supplies weighing 35 pounds and heavier.
- Work independently without direct supervision.
- Walk long distances around campus; bend, stoop, squat and reach; climb ladders.
- Make judgement related to emergency and safety matters.
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Certificates, Clearances, Licenses
Valid Driver's License
Work will take place Monday through Friday, 29hrs/week to be arranged with the pastor.
Immaculate Conception Cemetery (Montclair, NJ)
Reports To: Pastor/Business Manager
Position Purpose: Manages the parish cemetery to assure efficient, safe and fiscally sound operation. Coordinates with pastor, parish
finance council and cemetery staff to assure a viable cemetery ministry within the parish community.
- Management: provides supervision and leadership to cemetery staff. Implements standard Policies & Procedures, Rules & Regulations and long and short-term operating plans. Completes management information reports that describe the operating results as required by the pastor, parish finance council and the diocese.
- Pastoral & PublicRelations: builds and maintains a Catholic image for the program by promoting use of the cemetery among parishioners, neighboring parishes and other members of the community. Coordinates with pastor to assure scheduling of liturgical and memorial services in the facility on appropriate holy days or holidays. Responds to complaints, identifies and effectively resolves rules or policy violations. Recruits volunteers and organizes activities that increase participation in the cemetery apostolate.
- Operations & Maintenance: supervises and/or completes cemetery operating and maintenance functions. Assures safety of staff, lot owners, visitor and contractors. Assures the facility’s appearance is consistent with a Catholic cemetery apostolate. Oversees and evaluates work completed by contractors. Ensures all infrastructure or memorialization issues are resolved appropriately and timely.
- Inventor & Development: monitors use of burial space and services provided by the cemetery. Plans for timely expansion when additional land is available for development. Appropriately engages contractors as necessary to provide a range of goods and services appropriate to the size and activity level of the facility.
- Office Operations: assures accuracy, completeness and security of all records.
- Human Resources: hires, trains and supervises staff (if any). Recruits volunteers, provides training and oversight and assures appropriate recognition. Through training and supervision assures staff and volunteers comply with all applicable state and OSHA safety regulations.
- Sales: collaborates with the pastor, parish finance council and cemetery advisory board (as appropriate) to establish a list of products and services offered. Recommends and obtains approval for pricing for goods and services.
- Accounting & Finance: monitors revenue and expense, prepares and obtains approval of annual budget, and assures planning for, and increase in, endowment funds. Responsible for the proper use and record keeping of the cemetery checking, savings and reserve using procedures established by parish. Assures timely collection of operating income and timely payment of bills. Assists parish accountant or parish finance council with preparation of annual financial statements.