Saint Francis de Sales (Lodi, NJ)
Helps to provide adequate maintenance and preventive maintenance on all Saint Francis de Sales equipment, buildings, grounds, and vehicles to ensure safety to all persons, including staff and visitors, and to extend the life and appearance of these items. The part time custodian is responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of all church property and the general security of the building while on the job.
Reports to: Pastor Classification: Non-exempt
Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of parish and school facilities. Performs a variety of facility and equipment maintenance duties. May perform various routine maintenance and repairs including routine carpentry and plumbing duties based on skill level and experience.
- Help with a variety of installation, repair and renovation to buildings including but not limited to electrical fixtures and switches, and semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair and maintenance of wooden structures and articles.
- Assists with installation, repair and renovation of some equipment including metal and wood equipment, electrical appliances, valves, gas stoves, hot water heaters, sinks, commodes, hand basins, kitchen appliances, heating and cooling systems, sewer lines, irrigation sprinklers.
- Removing of snow and ice from roadways, parking lots ramps and walkways.
- Lays pipe, digs ditches, trenches, and post holes.
- Does rough painting and rough concrete laying and patch plastering. Removes and replaces defective motors and valves.
- Moving and transporting furniture books misc. items from buildings
- Preparing books, wine and host for weekend liturgies
- Operates a variety of trucks in the performance of construction and/or maintenance work.
- Performs routine mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Maintains daily maintenance logs and work reports indicating time and materials used.
- Be responsible for all equipment, tools and other equipment.
- Assist other areas related to overall maintenance of the system when assigned.
- The above does not exhaust duties. Other duties may be requested from time to time through the immediate supervisor.
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a valid State driver’s license. Must be 21 years of age or older. Has knowledge of procedures, practices, tools, and equipment used in maintenance. Must possess ability to:
- Move, load and unload equipment and supplies weighing 35 pounds and heavier.
- Work independently without direct supervision.
- Walk long distances around campus; bend, stoop, squat and reach; climb ladders.
- Make judgement related to emergency and safety matters.
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Certificates, Clearances, Licenses
Valid Driver's License
Work will take place Monday through Friday, 29hrs/week to be arranged with the pastor.
Immaculate Conception Cemetery (Montclair, NJ)
Reports To: Pastor/Business Manager
Position Purpose: Manages the parish cemetery to assure efficient, safe and fiscally sound operation. Coordinates with pastor, parish
finance council and cemetery staff to assure a viable cemetery ministry within the parish community.
- Management: provides supervision and leadership to cemetery staff. Implements standard Policies & Procedures, Rules & Regulations and long and short-term operating plans. Completes management information reports that describe the operating results as required by the pastor, parish finance council and the diocese.
- Pastoral & PublicRelations: builds and maintains a Catholic image for the program by promoting use of the cemetery among parishioners, neighboring parishes and other members of the community. Coordinates with pastor to assure scheduling of liturgical and memorial services in the facility on appropriate holy days or holidays. Responds to complaints, identifies and effectively resolves rules or policy violations. Recruits volunteers and organizes activities that increase participation in the cemetery apostolate.
- Operations & Maintenance: supervises and/or completes cemetery operating and maintenance functions. Assures safety of staff, lot owners, visitor and contractors. Assures the facility’s appearance is consistent with a Catholic cemetery apostolate. Oversees and evaluates work completed by contractors. Ensures all infrastructure or memorialization issues are resolved appropriately and timely.
- Inventor & Development: monitors use of burial space and services provided by the cemetery. Plans for timely expansion when additional land is available for development. Appropriately engages contractors as necessary to provide a range of goods and services appropriate to the size and activity level of the facility.
- Office Operations: assures accuracy, completeness and security of all records.
- Human Resources: hires, trains and supervises staff (if any). Recruits volunteers, provides training and oversight and assures appropriate recognition. Through training and supervision assures staff and volunteers comply with all applicable state and OSHA safety regulations.
- Sales: collaborates with the pastor, parish finance council and cemetery advisory board (as appropriate) to establish a list of products and services offered. Recommends and obtains approval for pricing for goods and services.
- Accounting & Finance: monitors revenue and expense, prepares and obtains approval of annual budget, and assures planning for, and increase in, endowment funds. Responsible for the proper use and record keeping of the cemetery checking, savings and reserve using procedures established by parish. Assures timely collection of operating income and timely payment of bills. Assists parish accountant or parish finance council with preparation of annual financial statements.
Christ the King Parish (Haddonfield, NJ)
The Parish of Christ the King in Haddonfield, NJ is seeking a full-time, energetic and enthusiastic Pastoral Associate for Youth [Grades 9 – 12], Young Adults and Young Families. The applicant must be a practicing Catholic in his/her parish, in good standing with the Catholic Church, and fully committed to the mission of living and proclaiming the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ. The applicant must be passionate about building relationships with and ministering to youth and young adults in the parish and surrounding community. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in theology or related field and/or a certificate in ministry from a Catholic Institution of higher learning. In addition, the candidate must pass a background check and attend Virtus Child and Youth Protection Training. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education.
Start Date: September 1, 2019.
For a full job description, please consult our website: ctkhaddonfield.org.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor@ctkhaddonfield.org or Christ the King Church, 200 Windsor Avenue, Haddonfield, NJ 08033.