This coming June, a vibrant and transformative symposium and conference, Living Fully 2016: Disability, Culture and Faith – A Celebration, will be held in Rome. Co-patroned by the Pontifical Council for Culture and the Kairos Forum, this conference will:
- Initiate critical, hospitable conversations around the issue of the experience of disability within context and cultures.
- Explore some of the complex ethical, legal and theological questions that emerge from reflection on this experience.
- Celebrate, share and disseminate good practice.
- Pray, network and celebrate the family in all its diversity, giftedness and potential for the Church and society.
- Develop and present a practically oriented charter for change which can be presented to each participant’s local community, so as to bring about positive and lastly legacy from our joint commitment to fostering communities of belonging for all.
For more information regarding the symposium, conference and registration, visit www.livingfully2016.com
Monsignor Melchor Sanchez de Toca y Alameda
Pontifical Council for Culture
The Kairos Forum
Janice L. Benton
Executive Director, NCPD
Director, Pastoral Ministry w/ Persons w/ Disabilities
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
NCPD Council on IDD
Mary Beth Walsh, PhD
Past Co-Chair NCPD Autism Task Force
Executive Advisory Board
Pastoral Ministry w/Persons w/ Disabilities
Archdiocese of Newark