To apply for an open position, please submit your resume to Kristy E Gonzalez at Kristy.Gonzalez@shu.edu
Job no: 494219
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Vice President for Mission and Ministry
The Vice President for Mission and Ministry reports directly to the president and serves as a member of the Executive Cabinet and senior leadership team. The VPMM’s role is to exercise influence regarding the mission in all aspects of University operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the President and senior leadership on all mission related items.
- Inspire and direct active engagement with, and shared responsibility for, the fulfillment of Seton Hall’s Catholic mission for all constituencies of the campus community.
- Present on the mission to various groups including on Catholicism and the Catholic intellectual tradition through the University Seminar on Mission.
- Articulate the mission in writing, for formal and informal publications.
- Hold direct leadership responsibility and oversight of the work of the University’s Chaplains, Campus Ministry, Division of Volunteer Efforts (DOVE), the Center for Vocation and Servant Leadership (CVSL), and the International Institute for Clergy Formation.
- Assist the work of Campus Ministry by celebrating the Sacraments, preaching, assisting with RCIA or retreats.
- Provide coordination, consultation, and oversight in the development and implementation of special mission-related events such as lecture series, memorial services, and large-scale Mass or “Christmas at the Hall”.
- Act as a liaison with the Archdiocese and the Priest Community on campus.
- Assist in coordinating the President’s Priest Advisory Committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of the University.
- Advanced degree preferred: Master’s degree in Theology (M.Div., Th.M., or S.T.L) or related field, with preference for a doctorate in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education required.
- Demonstrated success as a leader in higher education.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through and take ownership of projects.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.