The Catholic Advocate has been the principal communications medium for the Archdiocese of Newark since its founding in 1951 by then-Auxiliary Bishop James A. McNulty. Its mission is to provide readers with news of the people, consecrated religious, clergy, parishes, schools and other institutions that comprise the great Church of Newark. Published every month, it is always available free online, with printed issues mailed only to subscribers of New Jersey Catholic.
NEW! Digital issues of The Catholic Advocate from 1958-1976 are now available here.